Sep 7, 2011

A day old post

Today my sweet husband is running behind @ work. Unfortunately he doesn't do the type of work where he can just call and tell me he is running behind. Nope...instead I'm left to use my imagination.  Which in my pregnant state doesn't exactly run wild with thoughts of him in a field of flowers on a beautiful mountain.  Instead I'm filled with thoughts of bears, mountain lions, snakes and the worst of all…low blood sugar!  I should be more patient with the time but it's so hard when you know he is somewhere 11 miles out.  I do things to distract myself like make dinner and pace the kitchen.  I try to do things with Millie that don't let me think about the time or where he is.  Today I was doing relatively well.  I only got so light headed one time that I had to sit down for a few minutes. Then…”Oh glorious day!”  I got a text from the gal he works with saying they weren't quite out of the canyon.  Thank goodness for text messaging!  Although we are a slightly anti-technology family I sure am glad for some of it!  I don't think I could handle being married to a diabetic Forest Ranger before there were cell phones!  On that note, we are still doing our walk for type 1 diabetes on Sept 24, 2011 and we could really use some support.
 Please donate or sign up to walk.  Click on donate upper right corner then put in our info,  Mandy Hawkes Team name Hawkes 4 walks, Utah. Thank you!
JDRF