Mar 17, 2011

The Power of Three

And a Mouse. What a crazy week it's been.  I should mention these photos have nothing to do with my lovely commentary.  On Monday I woke up with a raging toothache and an extra dose of hormones and instantly began crying and calling dentists.  I knew I needed an extraction and with no dental insurance, I wasn't sure how I was going to find someone quickly who was both cheap and good. Luckily Nordic N8 arranged a great dentist who would do it cheap and could see me at 3pm that same day! Yes, Thank you!
When N8 returned home that evening he informed me that his foot,"may be broken"!  Oh great!  I've learned that when my husband tells me he has an injury it's already serious.  He's incredibly tough and has a very high threshold for pain!  After a visit to our friendly neighborhood Doc, he returned home with a removable plaster splint/cast (I have no idea what it's really called).  "This should be a fun night!"  Indeed, it did turn out to be fun.  Since N8 is so sweet he offered to go get me a shake and fries and to take Millie with him.  Yes!  Alone in the house, a little break for me.  Or so I thought.  About 10 min into being alone I discovered I wasn't alone. I glanced over just in time to see a mouse run behind the entertainment center!  Ew!  For the record I don't do mice.  I called N8 and he told me I had to kill it.  Are you crazy?  Long story short...the mouse did die. (Sad) In a trap, not by way of broom or anything crazy, however, now we have a few mouse traps around the house.
I had a mom instinct that told me our little Lady was going to get into one of these.  Sure enough, last night I heard the snap and I knew it wasn't a mouse but poor Millie's finger.  Luckily it just barely nicked her and not even 5 minutes later she was laughing about it.  It almost gave me a heart attack! I do not look forward to any more moments like this.
Evan, Millie and Chloe getting ready to ski.

Mills is on her very own skis.

Me pulling Chloe and Millie.  Not gonna lie, it was heavy!