Mar 31, 2011

Goodbye March

I hate to see this month come to an end. It's been a very fun and productive month for our family. Well by productive I mean I've cooked a lot and skied a lot.



I guess some may not see it as productive but it is for me. I finally got my seedlings started. For one reason or another I am always behind when it comes to planting my garden. I also want to plant enough to feed a small army! I don't know why, but I LOVE fresh produce from the garden more than any thing (of course not more than my husband or child).



I would like a gigantic garden someday that I can sit smack dab in the middle of and see all my lovely fruits and veggies and fresh herbs! Oh, it's going to be the best! I'm really not sure how this post turned into me and my fantasy garden...moving on...We got Mills a little school desk this week and she is loving it! 






What did I cook you ask..?  Swedish potatoes and homemade chocolate cake! The first time I made these items we took them to my Aunt's house for dinner. I left both of the left overs there. Nordic N8 was not pleased with this. Oops.   


So I made them again...


I say to N8: "Let's take half of this chocolate cake over to your parents" 

N8: "Oh yeah, and why don't we start giving away some of your clothes and stuff while we're at it."


I guess he doesn't like to share his Chocolate cake...


I'm hoping to make yet another chocolate cake to take over to the Hawkes' next week. 


 I made fruit leather too! I didn't take any photos yet but I will. I also started Ree's book and am planning to get a new cook book. 


Life is good. Now that N8's season is coming to an end maybe he can get off his injured foot and finally get better! Poor guy has been hurt for a few weeks now. Maybe he should have gone with a hard cast...

Last night when I returned home from work I came in to see Millie, who always wants to surprise you when you get home, shout her normal "Surprise!" and then "flowers and chocolate!"  She and Daddy picked out some beautiful yellow and white flowers for me.

I'm pretty sure the chocolate was for another day but she couldn't wait to tell me about it and to give it to me. Thanks cute husband and baby.