Feb 20, 2011

The Best Month

I have decided that February is my new favorite month! Once a summer fanatic, I now find myself in love with winter.  N8 has always loved winter and I thought he was crazy until I started Nordic skiing.  It's such a great way to get outdoors and enjoy nature.  I simply can't get over the beauty of the mountains here.  I ski the same trails 5 days most weeks and still never get sick of it.  I love taking Millie with me and enjoy the challenge of pulling her in the Chariot.  It makes me feel like someday I'll be close to N8 and his incredible endurance and skill.  The man is a ski machine and I have to work hard to keep up! 

Another reason this month has been so great is because the other day I got a fabulous surprise in the mail.  A tradition in my family is when my Grandparents go to live in Hawaii for the winter months and send us fresh pineapple from Maui!  It is my favorite!!  It is so thoughtful and it really makes me smile.  Millie was skeptical at first as she has never tried it but she seemed to enjoy it.  I ate so much in one sitting that my mouth was sore for hours.  Ooops!

Valentine's is one of my favorite holidays and this year it was lovely.  We had a nice family ski.  Mills slept through most of it so Nordic N8 and I took turns doing loops and taking photos and let Mills nap in the Chariot.  It was nice.  I got lots of chocolate and we made a nice dinner and played scrabble and for the first time I lost.

Last but not least, our Anniversary.  I love celebrating with N8.  He is such an inspiring husband.
I look forward to the years ahead, I feel great about the years in our past and I love the present.

Millie is making us smile more and more each day.  She's getting very opinionated about the way her clothing fits.  She learned to say, "It's too tight.!" or "too small!"  Great!  "Mom my boots is too tight!"  "I take my shoes and socks off, they too tight."