May 24, 2011

Spring

 Cell download. It's been a busy few weeks round here. Mother's day was nice, although the day ended with a small flood to our bedroom, we still managed to have some fun. We headed to Sundance for some Nordic skiing in the rain! On the days it's been sunny we've been able to get out a bit and play in the forest. Millie started swim lessons and is doing pretty good. We finally got her to blow bubbles with her mouth in the water thanks to a very useful underwater whistle. Which as Ranger Nate points out it's really a funny concept, who's gonna hear your whistle if your under water? 


Any way, Ranger Nate returned to his job with the forest service and will have an extremely busy summer. He has only been on a few trails, as this is only his second day back and already he has several photo's of trees down and bridges washed away. Better him than me!


 I also discovered rock climbing. I'm not sure why I have never tried it but I sure do like it!


 Millie is really into "helping" these days. I was at the bank drive through yesterday and as I was signing some checks she proudly announced from the back seat, "I wanna help, I can spell!" aw it's nice to have a little helper around!